Post-Beta impressions

Grey
postmaster

Post-Beta impressions

Post by Grey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 am

So has anyone noticed that the game is FUCKING AWESOME?

Beta was a little worrying because of all the COD-retards, and the bugs, etc. etc. but so far I'm loving it,

There's still a bit of chunkiness in battlelog (Need a way to queue for servers, and battlelog was getting CRUSHED last night but honestly held up pretty well in my opinion), and there's still occasional bugs, the squad interface feels slightly chunkier than BFBC2 but is functionally the same as far as I can tell, Also some maps are going to need some balancing, and in-game VOIP aside from just parties would be a nice option, Engineers stacking on vehicles is still a bit OP, grenade launchers are still a little too nerfed, and once in a blue moon I get caught on low walls. Basically lots of very minor tweaks that I wouldn't be heartbroken to see left untweaked.

I haven't had a chance to play SP or COOP, I know Glock and Pixel were having problems with it last night, but for pure multiplayer? I love it :)

The graphics are AMAZING, The Audio is exhilarating, the gameplay is excellent. Last night two friends and I captured a point in a long alley, one playing sniper, one support and one assault/medic, and we held off waves of enemies for several minutes in a crazy intense firefight, passing revives and ammo, calling out enemy positions and laying down suppressing fire, it was incredible! Also, later that night I actually yelled out loud when a tank rolled into a position we were holding, as I threw myself off a ledge into water to avoid it's fire. other highlights include shooting down a helicopter with an unguided rocket, as it strafed a rooftop our squad was deployed on, loading our three man squad into a jeep and zipping between points on Caspian Border, capturing and holding them for a minute or two before relocating ahead of incoming enemy armor, having a tank find our position and start bringing down the building around us, and many others :D

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Re: Post-Beta impressions

Post by swolenator » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:38 pm

sounds fun. what are you guys using for voip?

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:01 pm

swolenator wrote:sounds fun. what are you guys using for voip?
The battlelog chat works well enough. Though we might want to look at using TS3
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:33 am

Despite a few laggy maps, I love it so far. I played for 5 hours straight last night and didn't know it until my wife came into the computer room and told me she was going to bed lol.

Grey
postmaster

Post by Grey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 pm

The battlelog voip is surprisingly good, I'm sad there's no voip integration to let people communicate with others on the server, who aren't in their party, but ah well.

I've used Teamspeak with another group of friends, to communicate server wide

SuCk mY GlOcK

Post by SuCk mY GlOcK » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Grey wrote:
The battlelog voip is surprisingly good, I'm sad there's no voip integration to let people communicate with others on the server, who aren't in their party, but ah well.

I've used Teamspeak with another group of friends, to communicate server wide
the voip issue confuses me too, much as it did in bc2. What ea/dice are basically saying is that teamwork really dosen't matter unless you are in the same squad and in a chat. I wouldn't want to see a teamwide chat used all the time. But to tell your team, "hey hold down C and D and we got this." would be awesome. Most of the time I don't even read the typed chat.
at o'dark-thirty, next time you're up, you will drag your weary, fried ass out of bed, you will put on your gun and your vest, and you will do it all over again. You know why? Because this is a front row seat to the greatest show on earth.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Glock and I played through all of the coop missions last night. There are some really cool ones especially the sniping mission at the embassy. Would have been nice to have a few more though. I think we finished them all in like an hour or something.

I haven't tried single player yet. I suppose I'll get to it eventually.

I'm still loving multiplayer. There are really only one or two maps that I don't particularly care for. The rest are awesome...classic, open Battlefield maps and a nice blend of open versus close quartered maps. The map with the tunnel comes to mind as a cool one and the one where the attackers base jump off a mountain to the next set of points in Rush mode is exciting.

Grey
postmaster

Post by Grey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 pm

purebeau69 wrote:I haven't tried single player yet. I suppose I'll get to it eventually.
I played the first three missions last night, and while the Jet mission everyone keeps raving about WAS pretty ballin', It too wasn't all that engaging.

The entire single player so far, to me, feels like it would have been better off as a cutscene, one of those old school 20 minute game cutscenes. It's just so... bland! Considering how engaging and exciting the multiplayer is, I'm just blown away by how unengaging the single player is :(

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 am

good to see the server queue making a return

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 pm

single player was ok the gameplay was meh (average) and I found it very hard to see enemies. I had graphical issues of dirt stuck on screen, purple textures, green textures in a few spots. On damavand or whatever i still get green textures down the side of the mountain in multiplayer. Co-op I have not finished yet. Single Player by far my favorite mission was the plane one it was just amazing. The gameplay part of the plane mission wasn't anything special but the graphics and atmosphere was incredible i was literally speechless. Overall the graphics and atmosphere were really good and immersive.

Multiplayer I absolutely hated jets now they are one of my favorite things to do. Mortars I hate that they can sit in their original deployment zone and when they combine them with mavs they are a real nuisance. I dunno what it is; it may be my graphics or lag I dunno but I seem to have a lot of player model issues where they supposedly were standing directly in front of me but I couldn't see them I even once got killed by a tank 10ft directly in front of me in the open I could not see. I know at distances I will sometimes see stuff appear and disappear because they are go out of my draw view. I had issues at distances in beta but not up close. Maybe it is the newer version of the nvidia drivers dunno but I will try out the newer ones that come out this month. I had issues on caspian when flying where I would lag into the ground but it seemed fine since the patch. It seemed a little better last night so maybe the patch helped out a little with everything. Are there any specific graphics settings i should run differently for better draw distances etc. ?