Battlefield 3

dandafixr
HOLY SHIT!!

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by dandafixr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 pm

they are easy to die in, havent got the knack of killing anyone with it yet
if you want instant results, go make a hot pocket.
ImageImage

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 am

I heard they are fixing them by protecting the driver now.

I played some more last night. Better experience than the first. I started using jets. In BF3 days prior, I rarely EVER used a jet but it seems in this expansion if you have a decent set of jet pilots it makes the round much more tolerable. I took out the enemy AC130 at least 6 or 7 times and a couple jets on the mountain map. I need to practice flying though so I can be smoother in my movements. I have a feeling using a mouse and keyboard is probably not the best. Swol, do you use a joystick to fly? If you do what would you recommend a good one? I might get one as long as they're not too expensive.

I'm not very good at evading a jet that's on my tail. I basically start turning in circles and flying straight up but it doesn't seem to phase them at all.

dandafixr
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by dandafixr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:46 am

I avoid jets flying after me by crashing into the mountains, works every time...
ImageImage

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by swolenator » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Alot of the below can be seen in some of the videos. Rush jets i'm not too familiar with and handle differently as no afterburner to use when looping.

I use mouse and keyboard. I have my sensitivity pretty high in jets tab and move the mouse less of the pad which can be very bumpy and unstable. Some people use lower sensitivity and lift and move the mouse a lot for more precise turns and others use arrow keys to turn and mouse to only aim. I tried a joystick for like 20$ at logitech 3d pro but for me I couldn't get it setup right it rolled and responded too slow so i got a refund. Not sure if they fixed it or not but there are issues with setting up joysticks in bf3 some get them to work no issues though. But basically it felt easier to control rolls left to right but harder to be precise with aim and vertical. Glock used a joystick and I think elemental used a controller. I do have my space bar bound to pitching the plane up which helps a lot. When turning try to maintain a speed of around 310-315 for the best turns. Also try to turn at them on air radar.

If you are using ecm in a dogfight you can hit it and it will take you off their air rader for like 3-5seconds during which time you can try to break from your current maneuver and switch directions or from vertical to horizontal loop of course if they can see your plane that doesn't help as much plus leaves you vulnerable to missiles. Going up tap afterburner like 3 times going down hold brake until camera resets itself and when doing vertical loops try to do an oval loop not straight up and down. Need to mix in some altitude changes some vertical and horizontal changes to keep them guessing and unable to just follow you in the same pattern. Sometimes turning sharply back towards them low and accelerating then looping back up again can work but also backfire same goes for instead of continuing your vertical loop and going back down quickly roll over and loop up back towards way you came.

When in pursuit if they keep horizontal turning arch up a little and loop towards them if they keep oval vertical looping turn horizontally and you can sometimes catch up to them. A lot of it comes down to speed management which i still struggle with unless in cockpit view.

There are some good video guides on youtube I didnt search for them all but I remember a good play list of them here. If you have any questions feel free to ask as I fly jets the most and I think might have some other guides I have watched before. But the first playlist guides one has some good videos for learning.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elitegamerb ... rid&view=1

some top pilots are the following if you want some videos to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/user/L3XIS250

http://www.youtube.com/user/irontjunfisk

http://www.youtube.com/user/burre01

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 pm

btw i think i fixed ts3.

dandafixr
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by dandafixr » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 am

I had no idea anything was wrong with it
ImageImage

dandafixr
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by dandafixr » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 am

oh and that guy in your avatar, swole. he was already in the process of the death animation when the shots were fired from the first person, so i am unsure what is supposed to be displayed there but it is not that the hit boxes are off ( been meaning to say that for some time now)
ImageImage

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:33 pm

lol danda i said long time ago that i was too lazy somehwere to fix it was just to show death animation that the guy died before the shots were fired but you can see zoomed in on death. And ts3 it was not working on my end every time i would try to join any ts3 server not just cc as soon as i got in it would crash and tell me to go to forums.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 am

I bought a Logitech 3D Pro. Tried it out last night...HATE it lol. I can't turn with it at all. You can twist the stick for rudder controls but it's soooooo slow. I tried turning up sensitivity but then it screws up all my other vehicles. I think I'm going to return it and stick with mouse controls for now. Maybe I'll get better with them.

I might try an Xbox 360 controller in the future. I've heard a bunch of people use those.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm

fyi there are seperate sensitivity controls for jets/aircraft i think in options under their separate control tabs that is what i change as well as a seperate joystick sensitivity. Also might want to look into trying the deadzone fix. But back up your settings folder before hand or write down original settings. I think this video showed it you can try that see if responds faster. Some people say it works but it didn't for me that is why i didn't like mine the response time was very slow. Also if have issues setting keys i think need clear all joystick settings for infantry/tanks. Could also make sure have latest drivers for joystick. There are also some youtube videos that show mouse and hand movements of the better pilots.

BTW What times do you play beau?

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:35 am

I'm usually online at around 7:30-8:00PM EST and I play for around 2 hours.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 am

server side update for Armored Kill. Rush was almost unplayable as a defender because of the damn gunship so hopefully tweaking the respawn timers will help. Jets were way overpowered against the gunship as well. One pass with the gun took it out which is ridiculous during conquest.

Gunship balancing in server update R31 on September 20th (all formats)
• Stationary and mobile AA cannon damage has been reduced by 30% versus the gunship.
Rationale: This fixes an issue where it was too easy for players to use stationary or mobile AA to shoot down the gunship from the other side of the map.

• Jet cannon damage has been reduced by 50% versus the gunship.
Rationale: In Conquest mode, jets have been able to single-strafe a gunship and destroy it. This re-balance will require more skill from pilots to take it down.

• The delay before moving the gunship forward to a new base in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
Rationale: Previously, the gunship was moved to the next base so quickly that it was possible to parachute from it into the base before defenders were able to prepare. This tweak will give defenders time to fall back and protect the valuable M-COM stations as intended.

• The Delay between gunship spawns has been increased from 90 to 120 seconds in Rush mode.
Rationale: After destroying the gunship in Rush mode, it reappeared too quickly to be well-balanced. With a 50% increase in spawn time for the gunship, defenders will now have more time to focus on the crates and less of a constant overhanging threat from the gunship.

• Initial delay before the gunship spawns in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 60 seconds.
Rationale: Before this update, the gunship gunners could find the enemy before the round and instakill them when the pre-round timer ran out. Now, it will take a full minute before the gunship will spawn, giving defenders ample time to prepare.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:17 pm

here you go beau on night map just do this.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 am

lol wtf...how does he keep from exploding on impact? Does that specific terrain have a glitch?

Red_Coola
postmaster

Post by Red_Coola » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey, a map I might actually be capable of flying on!
ROBXORS wrote:I am the loss factor
Glock sucks.