Battlefield 3

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by swolenator » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:37 pm

hmm a10s on maps. but from what iread the latest patch made it so below radar doesn't prevent stinger lock ons anymore...... They must really hate heli pilots they keep buffing everything against it. They buff jets against heli,aa,stingers, remove gunner flares my god how would you even fly a heli anymore when everything gets buffed against it when it already died fast.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 am

I have noticed my typical lifespan as a chopper pilot is substantially less than it used to be and that my offensive capabilities as a pilot have been diminished quite a bit. I don't deal as much damage as a pilot. It seems to take 1.5 passes with rockets to take down tanks. It used to take only 1 if you connected every rocket. I have trouble even disabling tanks half the time especially since as soon as I make a bombing run I immediately get instant locked by something and have to deploy EMP and retreat.

I still have fun playing this though and I'm excited for Armored Kill to officially be released. Last night on the csgo server, Swagohod said he was going to play with Okasu. I haven't seen any cC people online in Battlelog in quite some time. Do you guys use something else?

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:56 pm

I think a lot of us took a break from it more interest may go back into it with new dlc. I will probably try it out since i already paid for it not sure how much i will play it. It does have jets which is what i mostly do so.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 am

so I played last night and I completely agree with you, Swol.

Wow...they completely screwed up choppers. Average lifespan now is 15-20 seconds (if you're lucky). Taking away gunner flares is the worst idea EVER, especially since one stinger can disable you and most likely cause you to crash.

Here's what they can do to balance it out: Lower the damage caused by one stinger, fix the instant lock glitches, and nerf the freaking soflam. It's ridiculous that thing can still track you behind mountains and lock on. Happened to me three times last night.

Looks like I'll be spending more time on the ground from now on. Probably one of the worst patches I can remember in a game.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:08 pm

anyone going to play some Armored Kill this evening? We are showing our condo to some potential buyers at 7PM EST so I was going to hop on a little after 8.

dandafixr
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by dandafixr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 pm

i thought it didnt launch till the 14th?
if you want instant results, go make a hot pocket.
ImageImage

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm

premium gets it today dunno maybe thats non premium day? my ts3 is still messed up. so i could use mumble or battle log voice atm only if i play

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 am

I did not have a good first experience with Armored Kill. Most of it was probably my team not trying to complete objectives (my guess is they were all exploring stuff since this was the first official day which is fine).

The maps are cool with the exception of one. I can't remember the name but it's basically one giant open field with several small villages that serve as the capture points. There is absolutely NO cover whatsoever. If you get caught out in the open (which will surely happen since there still aren't enough vehicles for everyone) you are fucked. I got shot by tanks/AA's 3 capture points away. Sometimes I'd get shot within 3 seconds of spawning by the same tanks. There's no reason for this. Dice is usually really good at creating some sense of cover by using rolling hills or a small mountain ala Caspian Border. I really don't understand the thinking behind this particular map. Maybe it will get better the more I play it.

My favorite map so far is the one with snowy mountains. It's not only beautiful to look at but I think it plays really well. both teams spawn on either side of the mountain. One team must move up the snowy mountain side to the first set of capture points while the other must move across a wide open frozen lake (or take the tree lined roadways) to the first set of capture points. Basically, if you hold the mountain capture points, you keep the higher ground advantage.

The AC130 is meh. If you get gunners that know what they're doing it can be a beast but it's so easily shot down that you're time with it is typically very brief (2 jet passes or 4-5 stingers). It isn't a game-changer like the trailers made it out to be. I think I only died from it once or twice.

Also, the trailers made the Tankbusters (same firepower as regular tanks, faster than regular tanks, lack the armor of regular tanks) to be these vulnerable vehicles that are supposed to move in quickly, attack, and get away. These things can take more hits than a regular tank! I shot one 5 times to kill it and one of them shot me once in a regular tank and took me down to 30%. They seriously need to tweak them. Three hits maximum.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

the snow map looks nice from the air and is neat to fly around mountains. The one map has some cool cloud effects while flying. The map i think your talking about is the armored one which suxs in a heli there is like nowhere to hide. I spent 99% of the time in a jet but was kinda fun. I find it very hard to find ground targets unless spotted and when spotted all I can see is the spotted not the vehicle. Most my time in a jet was spent fighting either jets,helis, or gunship leaving barely anytime to attack ground units. I spent very little time in the gunship a lot of the time choppers were hitting it with a tv missile from far away or jets were flying up under at it where the aa guns on top can't do anything. Also do the flares autodeploy? I couldn't figure out how to deploy flares on gunship or smoke on new tank maybe there are separate controls or something and i need to change the key. The night map is very very hard for me to see anything but jets and gunships unless they are spotted. Of course all of this is from flying a jet.

Swagohod
grunt h8r

Post by Swagohod » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:18 pm

I have also had a very bad time playing Armored Kill. The only 'decent' map is the snow mountain map, but it's mediocre at best. Battlefield is a very rock paper scissors game, but it seems like if you're infantry, you're paper, and the enemies are scissors, always.

There is distances far too great to run safely, and nowhere to hide. As a result, if you don't have a tank (which nobody will repair you anyways), you're going to die. Over and over and over. It's fun as fuck to have your opponent 6 capping you, holding you in one point, all the vehicles are gone at the point, looking up in the sky to see a pilot of Swol's calibre and the enemy controlling the AC130. I'm usually having a blast when on the giving end of this scenario, because base raping your opponents can be fun, but I don't even get a sense of satisfaction.

The general consensus is that like 70% love it for bringing BF back to it's roots, and the rest of the people HATE it. I'm not very impressed, guess I'll be playing old rotation and DayZ for months to come.
4:34 PM - Swagohod: Dude
4:34 PM - Swagohod: If there is one thing you know me for, it's definitely NOT trolling.
4:35 PM - [cC] Elemental: yeah, your credibility is impeccable.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 pm

I haven't tried rush but as you can see the snow maps visuals are amazing too bad most maps are not like this.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:54 pm

I think you have to unlock everything for the new vehicles (smoke for the new tanks for instance). Also, I've ran into a glitch where the game, for whatever reason, will eliminate my TV missile and EMP perks. Everytime I join a new server, I'll have Air/Ground Missile and Flares selected.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 pm

upcoming change server side patch. - Mobile artillery drivers are now shielded within the vehicle, meaning they won’t die from using proximity defense. lol i didn't know the knew fire smoke could kill you.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 am

I haven't had a chance to use the mobile artillery unit yet. Is it any good?

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 pm

dunno i haven't either never see an empty one.