Battlefield 3

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 pm

k the second I snipe a chopper pilot with the crossbow is the same second I quit using it.

Swagohod
grunt h8r

Post by Swagohod » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Scavenger isn't a very good mode, but I really like the maps. The crossbow, to my surprise, is actually a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that ultimately cripples your team. It's not really an effective weapon, and it takes up your gadget slot, so if you have even a decent amount of medics on your team using it, it will hinder your experience. Finding a medkit is like pulling teeth, which shouldn't be the case.
4:34 PM - Swagohod: Dude
4:34 PM - Swagohod: If there is one thing you know me for, it's definitely NOT trolling.
4:35 PM - [cC] Elemental: yeah, your credibility is impeccable.

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by swolenator » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 pm

is it worth trying aftermath?

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Scavenger is the only idiotic thing about Aftermath imo. The crossbow is actually kinda cool and the maps are really well done as Swag said.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

endgame ctr reminds me of the road rage games and looks interesting. Air mode looks cool but uh that will probably be just tons of heat seekers and chaotic.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am

like fucking Top Gun!

The dirt bikes look like fun.

cincinnati
astrodad

Post by cincinnati » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:36 am

i read a comment somewhere about it looking a lot like road rash.
i played the shit out of road rash.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Road Rash was awesome. Rockstar should remake it.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 am

my thoughts on End Game so far:

1. Awesome maps as usual. I really have no complaints about them.
2. The new Humvee with anti-air and anti-tank weapons needs nerfed or at least the anti-air weapon needs removed. There are already enough anti-air weapons in this game so we don't need anymore especially since gunner flares are gone.
3. The dirt bikes are fun to drive around in but I have no idea why Dice thought it would be a cool idea to allow javelins to lock onto them. What makes it worse is you have no idea you're even locked on until you're dead (much like the ATV's). At least give us an indicator or an alarm.
4. Capture the Flag is fun, but it's definitely a mode that is frustrating given the lack of team communication in this game. It would definitely be a lot better with a bunch of us in teamspeak.
5. I haven't tried Air Superiority yet. Since I'm not very good at flying jets (I'm definitely a chopper guy) I assume I'll get frustrated with it and never play it more than once or twice.

I would say Armored Kill was my least favorite expansion. The maps are just way too big with the amount of vehicle support that we're given. Some of that has to do with how people play this game i.e. get in a vehicle and peel out without waiting for others.

My favorite expansion so far is probably Aftermath. The maps are really well done (aesthetically and gameplay wise); a perfect blend between big and small / infantry and vehicle.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:44 pm

i really like the water on the screen effect

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 am

IGN posted their invitation to the Battlefield 4 event. It was a night shot and in the background it looked like a lit up urban city which is something different for the series. You can definitely see Dice pushing what has to be dynamic weather effects in all of their press releases so far.

I have no idea how you would do it (well I kinda do) but I think it would be nice to somehow develop the new maps to include some kind of population. One thing Battlefield has always done (and done mostly right) are vacant landscapes. I realize it would not be in the best interest for anyone to have NPC's roaming the streets during a match. That would be a PR disaster. I think it could be done by having a crowd of NPC's fleeing away from approaching forces during an opening map cutscene only to disappear into a building or down an alley, or shadowy figures moving behind lit windows at night.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:41 pm

So after all the annoying losses of sound and lag last night I ended up having an epic fail and win moment. On the one server the first time I spawned was on a beacon that took me over the field on caspian in front of the antenna which just happened to crash right when I did and killed me. And on kharg I was at C being hit by rocket pods from a jet at E and just assumed I would die so I fired a random rpg at it and luckily hit it and killed it and lived. I have tried so many times to rpg a jet and finally managed to do it.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 pm

if anyone still needs close quarters enter BF3E3 in origin redeem code and I think it will give it to you free within the next couple days.