Next DLC - Dragon's Teeth

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

Re: Next DLC - Dragon's Teeth

Post by gatekeeper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:21 pm

I had this after i did a full reinstall. It wasn't so much a microstutter but an actual stutter due to the hyperthreading.

Try turning off hyperthreading in the bios and run the game. If it doesn't stutter, then you know where the issue is. You may or may not be able to turn it back on.

Repair/reinstall all the Microsoft C++ redistributable packages.

Unpark your cores (there's enough info out there).

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by swolenator » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Already unparked cores. but basically it looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4-K-4lQfo mostly like the infantry part.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 am

I didn't get to play much last night because apparently Origin decided not to automatically download it (even though i left my computer on the previous night so it could download once it unlocked).

So far I'm not very impressed with the maps. There are just way too many sightlines and angles to get shot from it makes it nearly impossible to accomplish anything. The Market map is ridiculous. It's like the extreme opposite of Metro. Billions of pathways and rooftops. Be prepared to get shot in the back 90% of the time. Also there seems to be a lot less cover in these maps even though there are several wide open areas. What cover that does exist creates chaos though because enemies can apparently see you plain as day but all you can see is the very tip of their scalp. That needs to be addressed in BF5. I don't know if it's a POV thing or what. But when I stand next to cover that someone shot me from it looks like half my body is sticking above it but to the other player they can only see a very small area.

The only map I kind of enjoyed was a domination map centered around a railroad.

I like the idea of Chain Link although I didn't get to play it much.

Some of the new assignment tasks are dumb as usual...5 kills while swimming really?

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by swolenator » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 pm

I actually really enjoyed the maps and had fun. Yes there are tons of angles so you need to position yourself with that in mind. I actually felt every time I needed cover it was there even though the maps have some wide open spots. The bulldog and the pdw are very good guns and fun to use. You have to really pay attention to the radar because people will often come from different angles but I had tons of fun maybe part of it was because everything was new and I had helpful squad mates. I only played garden a little bit but it felt fine.

I expected the market to be worse but it played fine for me yeah there were times where I got attacked from behind or unexpected angles but nowhere near as bad as I had thought. Just need to be on high alert I didn't really have that any issues with the angles or death from behind of course that could change but so far it was very fun and fast paced chaos.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 am

Market faired a bit better with less players last night. There's still way too many angles / routes.

I liked the mud slide map. When that was triggered and I turned around and saw this huge avalanche of mud coming at me I almost peed my pants. I had no idea that was even in the game. Probably one of the funniest deaths I've ever had in a BF game.

I also liked the bigger version of the railroad map (I know I'm terrible with map names). I think it's called Propaganda?

The map where you can raise and lower the lake is still bad imo. Getting from one side to the other is near impossible during game modes like CTF because there is almost no cover in the center.

I would like to try playing chainlink a bit more.