R4 server patch

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

R4 server patch

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Servert has been patched to r4. Among the fixes is something to address the whole mag reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

Re: R4 server patch

Post by gatekeeper » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:58 pm

The initial feedback on R4 wasn't good. Apparently one of the issues is that it messed with how the server would show in the filter lists, which explains why we couldn't refill last night when you guys hopped on (plus it was Friday night).

There was a big update from EA/Dice about 3am EST this morning, I think it was to add "master servers" capacity, but not sure. I tweaked the setup so that we're still showing as a "normal" server, and the thing popped full inside of 20 minutes. It looks like it's stable for the moment, but we'll see how things progress during the day. There's been massive issues once the player base across the globe increases, so we'll see if that EA update helped.

I'm honestly afraid to tweak gameplay settings at this moment. It seems like anything we do will affect the server browser negatively. I'm keeping an eye out amongst other server admins to see when and if we can make mods that won't kill us on the browser listing.

As of the gametracker update last night, we have a top 250 server in the world. I want to keep that growing and get into the top 100.

EDIT: 5 minutes after I posted this, server went down. *sigh*