Server Crash Log

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

Server Crash Log

Post by gatekeeper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Do me a favor and post here if the server crashes. Date/Time, Map, and event (if you can tell). I want to keep a running log without having to parse the server logs (or at least compare to server logs).

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Re: Server Crash Log

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:23 am

Last night (approximately 8:00) after we had almost a full server on Seige of Shanghai the server crashed just before the skyscraper collapsed.

Last night (approximately 10:45) the same thing happened.

I still don't understand how some people crash and others don't. This all makes no sense to me considering there was a beta (with Seige of Shanghai no less) that should have taken care of this crap. After the 8:00 crash, Bohica and I joined Okasu, Swag, and Kluster on a hardcore Canadian server for a few hours and it didn't crash at all. You might be right in saying Fragnet (and probably others) oversold their boxes.

Have you talked to Fragnet about this yet or are you waiting to get more "ammunition" before you do?

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 am

purebeau69 wrote:Last night (approximately 10:45) the same thing happened.
That was client-side. Server itself stayed online.

I'm seeing more and more evidence that the beta server loads were much lower due to lack of commander and the limit on 64-bit clients. The lower client-count servers aren't having issues, which means that the server or the box is optimized for less than 64 players.

I'm waiting for more ammo before I go back to fragnet. They had a large number of beta servers deployed, so I have to believe that at the very least, they're cognizant of the limitations now.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 am

gatekeeper wrote:
purebeau69 wrote:Last night (approximately 10:45) the same thing happened.
That was client-side. Server itself stayed online.
When the skyscraper collapses it's client side? So half the players that get booted have something wrong with their installation / hardware...or is it still a Dice issue that needs patched? When it happened at 8:00 there was no one left in the server to my knowledge.

This is incredibly frustrating. I just want to be able to play so I can figure the game out...without losing all of my progress so I can at least feel like I accomplished something after getting obliterated (BF4 reference!) constantly.

JP
delicious + 200

Post by JP » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:01 am

We are having the same thing on our server. Were with NFO. We pulled it from the rotation for now.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:06 am

Correct, it's 90% client side.. On a full load, about 30-40 will crash when the skyscraper comes down. The server still goes, logs keep running. I'm willing to bet that it is partly related to the server, tho.

I'm debating pulling Shanghai off the rotation until some more patches come. Shanghai and jailbreak seem to have the worst server records right now in terms of stability. But generally speaking, most decent players right now won't intentionally crash the tower, knowing that it will either crash the server or at least empty it.

As I type this, the server has been on full bore since 10pm last night. I hope that it keeps going.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:06 am

JP wrote:We are having the same thing on our server. Were with NFO. We pulled it from the rotation for now. Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
You pulled shanghai or jailbreak?

JP
delicious + 200

Post by JP » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:26 am

Shanghai

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 am

I see the server went down a little bit ago, but is filling up again. I've yanked siege from the rotation, so after this round, it shouldn't show up again. 14 hours of logfiles aren't very clear to work through...

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:54 pm

FYI, siege is still in rotation until the next reboot/crash. It's off the map list at least.