BF4 Beta

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Re: BF4 Beta

Post by swolenator » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:15 pm

I heard the emblems may be reset after the beta. I see a suggestion on how to back them up here https://gist.github.com/cowboy/6815966 Also you can click on others emblems and copy them. Just save the text to a notepad file.
Edit: There's a small step missing. Once you open the console in chrome you may have to click a small icon on the bottom left called "open console".

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 pm

I like my emblem. I spent a good 25 minutes on it. WILSONNNNNNNNNNN!

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Mine looks ok on battlelog but like crap on tanks. Not sure if because graphics on low or because i messed with the transparency but it's not even the same color is extremely small and looks horrific. I wonder how it looks on the killcam.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:35 am

Maybe I should make mine bigger.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 am

I made a prototype emblem for cC. Go to my battlelog profile and look at it. I made it as big as possible for now but we can make a small one and move it so it will be more visible.

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

Post by gatekeeper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Anyone find it a little disconcerting that since beta was released a little over 7 days ago, that there are 3 players worldwide with over 100 hours in-game and there's another half dozen that have posted 90 hours?

Do the math on that - 168 hours in a week...

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:40 pm

yeah that is ridiculous...

I really wish they would include lettering in their emblem design templates (although I can understand why they didn't...deterring people from writing profane things). Letters have to be made by using a background block / color (gray box) and masking a number (in our case two different sized 0's) with another block of the same color as the background. I'd like to get rid of the gray box but I can't.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 pm

um just saw a tweet that said obliteration is in the beta now.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 am

I didn't play much of obliteration last night, but it's basically the same thing as Rush except you have two teams fighting over one bomb i.e. each team is both on offense and defense. It was fine when I first started playing but I found it rather troubling to do either offense or defense once the round(s) kept going.

What I like about Rush's setup is, there is a clear delineation of each teams' role and the map adapts itself to those roles i.e. a defensive player can't rush all the way into an offensive spawn and vice versa. This mode doesn't have that. Several times I was playing defense and had an enemy or enemies somehow parachute or make their way behind me and knife me when the bomb was on the other side of the map. It doesn't help that there are parachute spawns allowing players a huge amount of freedom that just doesn't need to be there.

Also, I found it odd that you can't spawn on your objectives. Making your way to the fighting is a pain in the ass (either need to use the parachute spawns, a vehicle in your own spawn, sprint the entire way, or spawn on a squad mate). That just doesn't make sense to me. I can understand not being able to spawn on an objective that is being contested. Seems like something easy to fix i.e. if the bomb is within a certain distance of your objective you can't spawn there.

Maybe the map just isn't suited for it either. Metro worked great as a Rush map but is terrible for conquest. This map may be the reverse.

Also, like Swol said in-game last night, the mobile AA is way overpowered. There's no need to give it 4 stingers available right away. The first rocket gets rid of chopper flares and the remaining 3 kill it. I don't get the thinking behind that.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Maybe this patch will help some of you with issues.

http://pixelenemy.com/battlefield-4-bet ... s-crashes/

also some info but due to beta issues performance will change probably. http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-be ... enchmarks/

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 pm

purebeau69 wrote:Also, like Swol said in-game last night, the mobile AA is way overpowered. There's no need to give it 4 stingers available right away. The first rocket gets rid of chopper flares and the remaining 3 kill it. I don't get the thinking behind that.
But at the same time nerfing it to the levels of BF3 might be a little overkill. It'll be interesting to see how they attempt to balance things out over the next few weeks.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:55 pm

well right now the mobile aa just rapes everything if anyone in it is decent. I have seen them take out tanks too.

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 am

I'm still very frustrated by the "rawness" of the beta. Although at this point, I'm really beginning to wonder if it's not a hardware issue (in the mobo/cpu combination).

I turned on the graph & fps last night (perfoverlay.drawgraph 1). With the patch, I was doing better FPS-wise on 331.40 beta drivers - averaging about 50-60fps. The problem is though, that when watching the graph, I'd see a lot of CPU/GPU spikes that would drop me below 30fps every 15-30 seconds.

I'm going to try turning off hyper-threading in the bios tonight and see if that helps. Newer generation games are supposed to be more friendly to HT processors, but that's the only thing I can think of at this point that's causing such spikes.

Like Beau said in TS last night, these "vertical" maps (or Urban maps) aren't a lot of fun with the crazy sight lines. There's some inaccessible roofs that you can't see someone at all, but they can see you over the edge and shoot you. I'm also not digging the limited choice of gun sights either. I need just a little bit of magnification... but all we've got right now are RDS/iron sights.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 am

I don't think the BF3 AA's are underpowered. What I always complained about were the jets having basically unlimited countermeasures against them i.e. I lock, fire 2 stingers, jet flares, does a loop out of range and returns 4 seconds later, I lock, fire 2 stingers, jet flares, repeat. You HAVE to use the AA's guns to take them out. It's really the only way to take down good pilots.

The beta seems to have drastically increased the respawn timer for countermeasures in the chopper BUT there are plenty of places for a good pilot to hide behind in this map and allow flares to reload. That being said, I wonder how that will translate to the more open maps. Having the ability for RPG's to lock onto air vehicles (pending a sniper lock) from a pretty generous distance may render air warfare in open maps a complete nightmare. Granted, Dice said they would fix the no audible warning glitch, but with the increased countermeasure respawn timer and the ability for engineers to lock onto you regardless if they equipped a stinger may unbalance the game too much. BF3 countered this somewhat with the limited lock range of the Javelin.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 pm

well hopefully remote mortars can reach the roofs. And that aa doesn't kill tanks as good as i thought, it does hurt them decent but last night I fired 4 rockets killed 1 transport, reloaded instantly fired 4 more killed the transport they had stolen then switched to guns and killed the attack chopper all within seconds of each other. Of course once jets come into it and more open maps things will play differently.