Should we get a server for BF4?
- A server is likely to run $60-70/mo
- Expectation that you'd try to help populate it
- Most likely be 64 players, conquest
- Admin tools may or may not be available at launch
- JP spoke for his current clan in an interest in sharing costs/population/admin duties, I still need to talk to them DGC
- Commit for 2-3 months
My thinking right now is that if we have a server up at launch, that gives us a fighting chance. The larger communities like ADK, TBG, etc will have their servers running as well. If we can get half a dozen people on in the early evening, there's a chance we can catch some of the spillover.
I'm going to be up front now with respect to my availability - it's not going to be very good. I'm meeting tomorrow to discuss 2 new projects, and have another project that will be fairly busy over the next few months as well. I'll be on when I'm on.
Keep in mind that most server admins don't setup an "autokick on idle", so there's a way to "contribute" there as well.
So please, weigh in, if you can commit financially, that would be great as well.