Battlefield 4

JP
delicious + 200

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by JP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:53 pm

We have a DgC DLC server up and ready to be switched to Naval Strike when it goes live.

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:54 am

Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:20 pm

well...at least they found something prior to releasing it I guess.

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

Post by gatekeeper » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 pm

purebeau69 wrote:well...at least they found something prior to releasing it I guess.
I"m guessing that they already knew about it anyways. :P Probably the kill-cam bug. =)

igloo
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by igloo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:00 pm

wait I have to buy ANOTHER DLC to play with you guys?
Txt to Pixel wrote: Lay off the amphetamines you fucking robot

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by swolenator » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:25 pm

made a platoon emblem just so we have one. which looks better the one on my blog page with the beard or on the platoon with the banner
? Also the stars are slightly different. Maybe I should move things around so it doesn't look like a face on the platoon? Like remove the eyebrows above/between stars and put like a heli or something up to anyone who cares. I'm sure whatever is fine just not sure if others would prefer non-face.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 pm

sigh all my fucking loadouts just reset now i have to figure out wtf i was using again.

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:16 am

Apparently Naval Strike has now gone live for PC... (at least according to BattleLog, and the fact that Stynzerman is playing it right now, lol).

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:33 am

swolenator wrote:sigh all my fucking loadouts just reset now i have to figure out wtf i was using again.
oh shit...is this due to Naval Strike being released or is it just you? I had all my loadouts exactly how I wanted them...

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:34 am

purebeau69 wrote:
swolenator wrote:sigh all my fucking loadouts just reset now i have to figure out wtf i was using again.
oh shit...is this due to Naval Strike being released or is it just you? I had all my loadouts exactly how I wanted them...
Seems to be Swole, because my loadouts were all fine last night.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 pm

yeah i dunno i changed my tank shell and camo hit save it saved it but reset everything else... Along with naval came.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/fo ... 487387474/

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 am

aside from the sub base map...I did not like the level design at all. Every freaking map is a cluster of islands surrounding a large central point (island, crashed plane, etc.). The sub base is the only map that offers a distinctive change in gameplay. The island maps encourage way too much camping and result in way too many deaths from behind. People just site on one side of an island and wait for a squad to move to the next capture point.

Dice has usually been fairly consistent in their level design but this expansion is by far the laziest I've seen them.

That all being said...I really want to try out carrier assault. I think we should try to play that sometime this week.

gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 am

purebeau69 wrote:aside from the sub base map...I did not like the level design at all. Every freaking map is a cluster of islands surrounding a large central point (island, crashed plane, etc.). The sub base is the only map that offers a distinctive change in gameplay. The island maps encourage way too much camping and result in way too many deaths from behind. People just site on one side of an island and wait for a squad to move to the next capture point.

Dice has usually been fairly consistent in their level design but this expansion is by far the laziest I've seen them.

That all being said...I really want to try out carrier assault. I think we should try to play that sometime this week.
Definitely has a "Rogue Transmission" style feel to the couple of maps we played last night. There's too much foliage on those islands that contributes to that camping. You see it to some extent in Paracel as well, but have to agree with the assessment.

I'm also not thrilled with having more points to defend/attack (ala Golmud). Yes, it's only 2 more points, but even on a 64-player server, a severely unbalanced set/server will mean it's much easier to control the points. Maybe it just needs to grow on me.

I was more frustrated by the never-ending rubberbanding last night.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:42 pm

I think they need more cover or more hovercraft spawns at the middle islands. I found myself having to run/swim from island to island a lot and when I would try people on the next island would sit there and shoot me as I try to cross or get killed by a sniper. And on the flags there were so many directions to get attacked from. Maybe with more experience it will get better. The rubber banding was annoying especially while flying. The m16 seemed better but it often jammed when firing. The cannons while neat have such a drop it will take awhile to learn.

On that sub map I think they need an easier way to get up the outsides can be frustrating trying to kill the people capping the flag from the ledge tossing down c4. On the map with the crashed plane it feels like everyone just gathers there like crazy. Overall I think there needs to be a bit more hard cover vs brush maybe I will try using some smoke. I didn't try carrier assault but I think I would like it better if once the shield is down on the one teams they all fight on that carrier it will be interesting to see how it work with both. Some of the maps were good for flying jets and the jdams were definitely better at killing infantry.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 am

I have to say I liked the maps a lot more on carrier assault than I did on conquest.