Final Stand Dlc

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Final Stand Dlc

Post by swolenator » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Final stand has hover tanks and a battle pickup railgun. Also the flying drone with guns and snowmobiles. Btw the drone is a battle pickup like the rawr. Two gadgets one is automatic spotting thing that replaces laser sight and other is a decoy fake thing for minimap to show false enemies. Also a new stationary weapon. Maps will be on CTE to test if anyone has it installed not like anyone cares.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Re: Final Stand Dlc

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:55 am

great now Battlefield has a fucking AWP lol.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 pm

eh it is no different than the other pickup snipers except it hurts vehicles more i think.

gatekeeper
i'll be there next round, too!

Post by gatekeeper » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 am

Not thrilled with more "whiteout" maps... the weapons, we'll see how they actually perform in game. When DT was released, we were all worried about the RAAWR and lo and behold, it's not very OP.

Hopefully they'll continue to test and tweak and not get a situation like they have with the Deagle which is just a freaking canon right now.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 am

don't you bad mouth my Deagle!

What I didn't like about the railgun in the gameplay video was the fact that it didn't really look like you had to lead the target hardly at all. Basically point, click, kill.

I do like the new stationary turrets. They don't lock on but they are fast.

The hover tank seems too gimmicky.

If I had to guess, it appears Dice is attempting to bridge the gap between Battlefield 3 / 4 and Battlefield 2142 with this. Could we see prequel to 2142 in the near future? This DLC just seems like a testing ground for futuristic / experimental weaponry gameplay / balancing.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Well the railgun currently travels very fast and requires very little lead but the thing is that beeping and then turning red is the charge up time to fire after you click fire so you need to keep it on target until it actually fires for like a second or two. I don't like how it hurts air units so much which I am sure they will tweak it killing them so easy as sometimes 1 hit can mobility kill them currently. The stationary is currently overpowered and will be balanced because it sends vehicles flying into the air and one shots people across the map and is meant to be more of a shotgun style emplacement.

As for the hover tank they have said it is going to get some changes to it handling wise not sure what exactly. But they not like how it is now where you have to aim the tank to the target and can't move the turret so it will be interesting to see how they change it. But basically it has the same unlocks as a normal tank the difference is it can side strafe and spin around a lot faster which would come in handy for dodging incoming as well as turning the rear of the tank away from enemies. Also I think divets and small objects don't make it bounce around as much. From what I have seen gate the battle pickup drone only lasts for 1 minute so it can't fly very far but they are talking about maybe giving it a speed boost. But it does kill helicopters really well from what I have seen. As far as the whiteout maps I am okay with it as long as it is not hard to see like outside of lockers I know the one does have a snow storm that rolls in.

There are also the launch pads from 2142 only stationary ones that can launch you across the map on the one called hanger 21 i think it is. As for levolution so far I have seen 1 point have a collapsible dome roof and the other have a button to activate the thrusters on a titan that is being built to kill anyone below kind of like on firestorm. There is also a map that has cloud cover (visual) for air units to fly in.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am

I'll be back to Battlefield once Final Stand launches. Right now Destiny has me hooked lol.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:05 pm

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 am

yay!

I'll download it tomorrow but probably won't be able to play until Wednesday.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:08 pm

also wtf on the timing of this? They announce the release date two days before the release?

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Trailer looks so much better than gameplay I have seen lolbe

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Apparently you can kill people with icicles

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:56 pm

wow I do not like the new aiming mechanics.

I do like that the game seems to run A LOT smoother though.

I'll be playing this more now that I've maxed out my character in Destiny. The first DLC for that game is being released on December 9th so I have a few weeks to get used to this.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Sorry I haven't been on much lately been obsessed with my car and finding people Xmas gifts.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:02 am

I played last night. Getting used to it.

I need some help farming the dog tags.