Battlefield Hardline

Discuss any upcoming games, stuff we don't generally play, etc.
swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Battlefield Hardline

Post by swolenator » Tue May 27, 2014 5:32 pm

There have been rumors of a battlefield swat game and now maybe some information has been leaked. Nothing guaranteed. http://www.Battlefield.com/hardline

Last edited by swolenator on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

swolenator

Re: new battlefield spinoff?

Post by swolenator » Wed May 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Trailer got leaked. the vehicles in the game look awesome tunes look meh. And modes are undecided for me. Oh and it has jets. I see a cash system for guns I hope it is not a buy system like counterstrike and is more like a choose what item to unlock/buy with cash. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battle ... 0-6419910/

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Sat May 31, 2014 6:33 pm

It is now available for pre-order on origin. 60$ base 70$ digital deluxe and has a set release date of fall 2014. More information will come out on june 9th.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:56 pm

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 am

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It sounds like a great concept. Payday 2 was actually quite fun but each mission was confined to a relatively small arena / sandbox so the idea of opening this up to a bigger setting is appealing. I don't quite know how multiplayer will work though. Does the match start after the heist and the robber team is tasked with escaping during each match? Does each team spawn on opposite sides of the map with a central objective or objectives? Maybe there is a high risk / reward objective and a few smaller objectives for the robbers?

It would be kinda cool if the robber team could stealth some of the objectives without the cops knowing but I have no idea how that would work. One of the biggest accomplishments in Payday 2 was stealthing a mission from beginning to end.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:14 pm

The one mode i think is purely vehicle not sure but it is where the cops chase the thieves and try to stop them. You can see what I mean if you watch the other leaked trailer or on june 9th. Four new modes--Heist, Rescue, Hotwire, and Bloodmoney I know the one you blow your way into a bank, the one there is a pile of cash, and the one is hostages. I think heist is break into the bank get money and escape. Rescue is hostages, hotwire is the car thief chase one and bloodmoney is the pile of cash that you fight over to secure and take back to safehouse. I think there are other modes too but those were the ones mentioned in the video. In the singleplayer you can stealth a mission if you want but not multiplayer as far as i know because that would be kinda boring. I am worried about the weapon purchase system it might be like csgo or it might be buy what you want to unlock i hope it is not csgo style.

If you want to see the leaked trailer just go to gamespot.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:13 pm

beta available for signup now

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

swolenator

Re: new battlefield spinoff? beta signup now

Post by swolenator » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:57 pm

just hit sign up hope i make it in i am about 1 hour + behind when others probably started registering. Also I found the gameplay very interesting looking it almost looked like you were playing multiplayer on campaign levels it kind of reminded me of obliteration. Also if you go to the store page you can now see the digital deluxe bonuses. They mention 3 assault rifles one you get by pre-ordering the other 2 are digital deluxe whether they are early unlock or only available digital deluxe I don't know. It also mentions xp boosts and gold battlepacks. Digital deluxe also says something about ensures new content for weeks after purchase but that probably refers to the battlepacks.

Also by registering for the beta it said something about rewards apply in full retail. But if you are interested might as well register for the beta even if you are not going to try out the beta.
YOUR REWARDS
Weapon camo/skin in Battlefield Hardline
Weapon sight in Battlefield Hardline
Additional Battlefield Hardline content
Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4

The Battlefield Hardline gear will be available when the game releases on October 21, 2014. The Battlefield 4 unique dog tag will be available in the game next month.

EDIT: gamestop pre-orders get a money clip.
Last edited by swolenator on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swolenator

Re: new battlefield spinoff? beta sign up now

Post by swolenator » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:42 pm

In case you missed the gameplay. second video i have not watched yet Also some youtubers got to go to an event and play so they have some footage up. Survivalist sounds stupid it lets you self revive if you are an operator and shields on your back block bullets........
http://www.twitch.tv/ea/b/537003049

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:37 pm

I was able to get in and play.

Interesting overall. Feels almost like a mod, and less like a new game, which would not surprise me if that's how they built it.

Quick notes with truly no editing (copy pasted from a IM chat with a friend):
hardline.
a bit slower.
weapon feel is different. more recoil.
assets are pretty rough. like art wise.
i played mostly blood money which is the neutral CTF / resource game.
basically grab the cash from a central location, both teams want it, you can get killed and drop your money, etc.
it was good.
the game's pretty unbalanced.
im gonna try hiest later tonight.
the blood money is cool, the main building where the money is was pretty bland. could have used better layout.
but you can steal money from your opponents team vault (where they place the money after stealing it).
so you can actually just keep your enemy from winning by constantly robbbing them.
interesting overall.
the feel is really off and needs serious polish.
uh lets see
LOTS OF VEHICLES
christ there are so many
each side spawns with like 10 or 12.
and some of them can carry up to 4 peeps.
so theres like a mad dash to the main point so it gets hectic fast.
but it means you can move around a lot.
the map was pretty big
kinda like one half (like one shore) of the shanghai map from BF4.
so pretty big, though in this game mode it focusses around the one area of cash. where everything is +/- 350m away.
so pretty tight spacing overall.
all the weapons and vehicles are as you know them.
the gadgets are whats interesting.
still learning those.
riot shield is pretty beast.
grappling hook is hard to use, but cool.
didnt get to use the zip line or anything yet.
helos, armored trucks patrol crusiers etc
but they fulfill the same roles as BF
scout & attack helo, APC, buggy, motorcycle (in place of ATV).
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:42 am

My thoughts on the beta so far (played for about 3 hours last night)

-this game seems quite a bit slower (weapon aiming, movement, etc.) than previous Battlefield games.
-cover shooting needs tweaked. 90% of the time if someone is shooting at me from cover I can't f***ing see them at all.
-ziplines are interesting. I'd like to see how Visceral develops their maps to use these in different ways.
-something is off about the driving in this game. Cars and motorcycles feel like they are lumbering bathtubs with absolutely no handling whatsoever. Very stiff.
-also getting vehicles stuck on nothing is annoying.
-the Heist mode is fun once I figured it out.
-I actually like the unlock system. As a player you earn cash based on how you play and you use that cash to purchase whatever upgrades you want. Weapon attachments are unlocked the traditional Battlefield way, however. It would be nice to be able to purchase / tweak loadouts during the end of round splash screen. I never understood why BF3 and BF4 wouldn't let you do this.
-RPG aiming is off.
-Shooting a zipline with enemies sliding on it is funny as f***.
-I absolutely love bashing people with baseball bats / batons. So much more satisfying than a knife imo. Although as a cop you non-lethally take down criminals and cuff them. The entire animation is just way too long and mostly results in a death.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:57 pm

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/ ... 04/photo/1

I hate how you have to give up other gadgets to get zip and grap. Also why would i carry a revive when i can bring myself meds and self revive.

Sharp

Post by Sharp » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:24 pm

signed up via my origin. didnt seem to get invited yet. :(

edit: nvm.. wrong email >.<

Code: Select all

cincinnati: people who think we're just here to have fun don't really get it
cincinnati: the fact that it's fun is just a testament to my awesomeness.

swolenator

Post by swolenator » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:53 pm

with everyone being so critical about the idea surprised to not see more people trying it out.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:41 am

I understand the beta is months prior to release of the final game, but given that it's using the same engine as BF4 you'd think the developers could release something that wouldn't have:

buggy cover shooting where you can't see your attacker at all
vehicles randomly getting stuck
RPG aiming that isn't completely fucked

These things are basic mechanics that have actually worked in BF3 and BF4 for years.

I will say it is truly impressive standing on the ground and watching the crane come down. I think it's more impressive than watching the tower come down in Shanghai.