Discuss any upcoming games, stuff we don't generally play, etc.
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by Sharp » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Anyone in the beta?

Been playing for about a week now. Fun game, can't wait for it to be a bit more balanced. Regardless, it's cocaine man.. COCAINE.

Code: Select all

cincinnati: people who think we're just here to have fun don't really get it
cincinnati: the fact that it's fun is just a testament to my awesomeness.

Re: Hearthstone

Post by igloo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:32 pm

I know nothing about this game.
Txt to Pixel wrote: Lay off the amphetamines you fucking robot

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Kerberos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:55 pm

I've played a bit of it (maybe 1.5-2hrs) and it is definitely fun. The connections between it and the other CCGs out there are pretty obvious.

I like the simplified and directed nature of the game. It really streamlines and cuts out a lot of the bullshit of games like Magic: The Gathering.

However I am a huge fan of the depth and strategy of MTG, I really questions whether this game has the requisite depth to keep me engaged. There already seems to be some pretty standard strategies when playing, some are obviously more effective than others.

I think one the most interesting bits about this is the fact that players can never take actions on the same turn, that's huge departure from most combat-centric CCGs.

I do like their style and presentation though. The little voice over & dialogue between characters is fun and the celebration at the end of matches is great: lots of fanfare and clean and smooth presentation of newly earned cards.

Overall if you are a die hard magic player, I think you'll be bored by the shallow nature of this games systems. If on the other hand you were bored by how dense and slow Magic plays, you'll probably have a blast with Hearthstone.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.