Watch Dogs

Discuss any upcoming games, stuff we don't generally play, etc.
User avatar
purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Watch Dogs

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:57 pm

just heard that Ubisoft pushed the release of this back to 2014. This game was one of my most anticipated next-gen titles for the Xbox One (and one of the reasons I was getting it on day one).

*sigh*
Image

User avatar
Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: On the lam
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Kerberos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:43 pm

I was talking with guys at work. We think it has to do with the market condition right now. Competition with GTAV would be fierce, and they would be cannibalizing much of their sales with AC4.

Knowing a bit about the game production process, I can assure you the game is not 'incomplete'. Quite the contrary, it may be ready to launch now but they are afraid of the sales at this time. Plus dev teams always want more time. So this is a win-win for the product team it would seem. I'm sure everyone else is tearing their hair out.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

User avatar
purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 pm

I figured it was more of a marketing strategy than a completion issue. Still sucks though. I was really looking forward to booting this up on November 22nd.

BTW, I was a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series...until I played about 12 hours of AC3 hoping it would improve (it didn't). Ubisoft really screwed that game up; glitches / bugs, broken combat mechanics, etc. There were times when interaction with an NPC required to start a mission would glitch out or I would clear a base by raising a flag, cue the cutscene that shows the base pacified, but still somehow be surrounded by enemies that would attack me and ultimately kill me. I have little interest in AC4 as a result which is a shame given the huge potential of these games.

I guess what I'm saying is...I would rather Ubisoft delayed AC4 and released Watch Dogs on schedule lol.
Image

User avatar
Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: On the lam
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Kerberos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:12 pm

purebeau69 wrote:I figured it was more of a marketing strategy than a completion issue. Still sucks though. I was really looking forward to booting this up on November 22nd.

BTW, I was a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series...until I played about 12 hours of AC3 hoping it would improve (it didn't). Ubisoft really screwed that game up; glitches / bugs, broken combat mechanics, etc. There were times when interaction with an NPC required to start a mission would glitch out or I would clear a base by raising a flag, cue the cutscene that shows the base pacified, but still somehow be surrounded by enemies that would attack me and ultimately kill me. I have little interest in AC4 as a result which is a shame given the huge potential of these games.

I guess what I'm saying is...I would rather Ubisoft delayed AC4 and released Watch Dogs on schedule lol.
I am of a similar mindset. I really only liked AC1&2. AC was interesting but a flawed opening. AC2 was a great game. I dabbled in Brootherhood and Revelations and thought they were pretty shit (though Istanbul/Constantinople is probably my favorite setting). I started playing AC3 and just gave up after about 3-4 hours.

I recently played Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and I desperately wanted it to be great. It was one of the first projects I worked on back in 2011, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is probably my favorite game of all time (or in the running). But Blacklist was just terrible. It looked awful, performed worse, the story was terrible, handled like a drunken sailor flying a GTAV chopper, and it had some of the shoddiest gameplay & menun design I've seen in a very long time. It was an utter catastrophe and will probably be the only Splinter Cell game I refuse to finish or spend another minute on.

I guess what I am saying is that I think Ubi's core (AAA) titles have really been slipping in terms of quality, polish, and direction. I really hope the Watch Dogs team doesn't sit on this time making their first rounds of DLC (which I am sure they will), but instead devotes some team manpower to iterating on some of the problem areas in the game. The could also take steps to reduce some of the glitches and performance issues.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

User avatar
purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 am

I wanted to play Blacklist when it was first released but my cash flow didn't allow it. I might rent it in the future simply because I've played every Splinter Cell released so far. I agree with you on Chaos Theory but I also liked Double Agent.

Farcry 3 was really fun (probably the most fun I've had in a single player experience in the last year or so...including GTAV). I can't remember any bugs, glitches, general gaming bullshit, etc. Different playstyles worked as they should. I never had stealth "break" on me for no reason. Gameplay and visuals were really awesome...

I have really high expectations for Watch Dogs based on what I've seen and read and those expectations are even higher now that it has been delayed for almost half a year.
Image

User avatar
Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: On the lam
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Kerberos » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:45 am

purebeau69 wrote:I might rent it in the future simply because I've played every Splinter Cell released so far.
Fair enough. My advice though RENT before you buy. I really just did not like the game.
purebeau69 wrote: Farcry 3 was really fun (probably the most fun I've had in a single player experience in the last year or so...including GTAV). I can't remember any bugs, glitches, general gaming bullshit, etc. Different playstyles worked as they should. I never had stealth "break" on me for no reason. Gameplay and visuals were really awesome....
I forgot about FC3, which I fucking loved. Really the best Ubi game in a long time. Don't know how I forgot. You're correct it was truly an awesome game.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

User avatar
purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by purebeau69 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:29 pm



This looks awesome. Who will be playing this for Xbox One?

I will hack all of you bitches...
Image

Sharp
posts/days active=dork ratio
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Sharp » Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 am

purebeau69 wrote:

This looks awesome. Who will be playing this for Xbox One?

I will hack all of you bitches...
man.i really freaking hope this games good..

Code: Select all

cincinnati: people who think we're just here to have fun don't really get it
cincinnati: the fact that it's fun is just a testament to my awesomeness.

User avatar
igloo
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 4909
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Southfield, MI
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by igloo » Mon May 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Looks awesome. The vehicles look a bit too resilient though.
Txt to Pixel wrote: Lay off the amphetamines you fucking robot

User avatar
Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: On the lam
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Kerberos » Thu May 08, 2014 1:38 pm

I'll be on X1 Beau!
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

User avatar
purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm
Location: under your bed
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by purebeau69 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Kerberos wrote:I'll be on X1 Beau!
w00t w00t!

I'm actually on vacation that ENTIRE week so I'll be online quite a bit during "normal" Kerb gaming hours lol
Image

User avatar
igloo
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 4909
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Southfield, MI
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by igloo » Fri May 16, 2014 3:02 pm

still trying to decide whether I wanna get an xbone for this.
Txt to Pixel wrote: Lay off the amphetamines you fucking robot

User avatar
Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 3439
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: On the lam
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Kerberos » Fri May 16, 2014 3:58 pm

igloo wrote:still trying to decide whether I wanna get an xbone for this.
If you wait, Beau and I can probably give you some feedback. I mean I think you should get one anyway, but I don't have a huge amount of faith in WD being SUPER MASTER BLASTER AMAZING. I'm cautious about it.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

User avatar
igloo
HOLY SHIT!!
Posts: 4909
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: Southfield, MI
Contact:

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by igloo » Mon May 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Yeah, let me know what you think. I don't own a TV at the moment (living with a roommate who has one) so if I were to move I'd need to drop some cash on a TV if I had a XBOne
Txt to Pixel wrote: Lay off the amphetamines you fucking robot

Sharp
posts/days active=dork ratio
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by Sharp » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 pm

The people I've heard getting early copies have said the engine is super buggy and framerates are like 15fps max.

I'm not liking what I hear so far.. :(

Code: Select all

cincinnati: people who think we're just here to have fun don't really get it
cincinnati: the fact that it's fun is just a testament to my awesomeness.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest