Destiny

Discuss any upcoming games, stuff we don't generally play, etc.
purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Destiny

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:11 am

so who is going to play this on Xbox One? The game sounds great if you have people you can link up and go on missions with. I'm not sure how great it will be soloing it.

Bungie is usually solid so I'm not worried about content or gameplay. I do worry about Activision's involvement and how much input they had on the game itself.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Re: Destiny

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 pm

so no one?

swolenator
posts/days active=dork ratio

Post by swolenator » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:33 pm

I don't have an xbox

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 am

I will.

Sorry I missed this. Haha. And I played the Alpha. It was great! So I have no fears of Watch_Dogs syndrome where I buy it and walk away after 2 days from sheer exhaustion.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

igloo
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by igloo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 am

I will not be playing this... as I don't have an xBone.
Txt to Pixel wrote: Lay off the amphetamines you fucking robot

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:27 am

Most of my Xbox Live friends either haven't upgraded yet to next gen or switched over to PC / PS4. Has Bungie said anything about cross platform play? I'm assuming PSN players won't be able to link with Xbox Live players?

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Trust me if this game was cross-plat, they would be shouting it from every mountain top they could find. So probably not.

I'm bummed because I want to buy this, but I want to go digital (fuck discs, so archaic), though I won't get Beta access in late July if I go digital.
Do this. Don't do that. Stay back in line. Where's tax receipt? Fill out form. Let's see license. Submit six copies. Exit only. No left turn. No right turn. Queue up and pay fine. Take back and get stamped. Drop dead— but first get permit.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 am

I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'll be trying out the beta on July 23rd.

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:17 pm

purebeau69 wrote:I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'll be trying out the beta on July 23rd.
Looking into securing a X1 beta code in spite of my refusal to buy disc. Will let you know if I get one, we'll have to play together!

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:05 am

Kerberos wrote:
purebeau69 wrote:I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'll be trying out the beta on July 23rd.
Looking into securing a X1 beta code in spite of my refusal to buy disc. Will let you know if I get one, we'll have to play together!
yessir. I've heard the beta includes both multiplayer (Crucible I believe is what Bungie is calling it) and also single player missions that you can link up with other people and play through.

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:32 pm

purebeau69 wrote:
Kerberos wrote:
yessir. I've heard the beta includes both multiplayer (Crucible I believe is what Bungie is calling it) and also single player missions that you can link up with other people and play through.
Yeah I played in the Alpha and really enjoyed the game. It was very fun and addictive. Good shooting & exploration.

Multiplayer felt very halo, though the super abilities definitely changed up the pace of play.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:04 am

dumb question...will my X1 automatically download the beta when it goes live? I activated my Bungie.net account, my beta access code, and linked my Xbox account but I don't see any queue information in my X1 dashboard or anything. I looked through the smartglass app and the destiny app as well and didn't see anything about this either.

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:06 am

purebeau69 wrote:dumb question...will my X1 automatically download the beta when it goes live? I activated my Bungie.net account, my beta access code, and linked my Xbox account but I don't see any queue information in my X1 dashboard or anything. I looked through the smartglass app and the destiny app as well and didn't see anything about this either.
My first guess would be no. You typically have to find the item in the Store. Then download from there. If you have digital rights to the game (an 'entitlement' we call 'em). Then when you visit the page for the first time, it should give you the option to download & install.

purebeau69
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by purebeau69 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 pm

I read somewhere that there was (or will be) an update that allows remote purchase / downloads? I'm trying to figure out how I can get this downloaded while I'm at work so I don't have to wait lol.

Kerberos
HOLY SHIT!!

Post by Kerberos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 pm

purebeau69 wrote:I read somewhere that there was (or will be) an update that allows remote purchase / downloads? I'm trying to figure out how I can get this downloaded while I'm at work so I don't have to wait lol.
Auto downloads are a thing. I just am not sure as to how that works on X1, though I probably should.